Thursday, February 7, 2008

The new Van

I never thought I would ever get to that point...the day I would drive a mini van. I guess I have finally grown up because I am actually quite thrilled with my new ride. The convenience factor way outways the "cool" factor. This van has all the bells and whistles. Want the door open, sure I will press a button for you. Going to put the groceries in the trunk...that button again. I am becoming way too lazy. I feel picked on when I actually have to open a door. I shut the trunk physically the other day and Scott was all mad. . . I took the fun out of the whole experience I guess. I was just annoyed because he was being slow and it was cold outside. Normally I may have washed it before taking pictures, but who washed their vehicle when the weather sucks? Here is an inside view. Scott and I installed the center console ourselves...I hunted down a bargain deal online and so now I have somewhere to stash all my junk. It has the stown and go seating so we have one of the seats that we aren't using put away neatly in the floor. The only thing I do miss is the four wheel drive. Maybe I am not giving it enough credit but I am afraid to pull into driveways with snow. Kliss you will have to give me more confidence and tell me some of your off road experiences. Next time you need a carpool, just give me a call! This van can handle it!

3 comments:

Kliss said...

Sweet ride. Congratulations to you!! You might be surprised at what your van can do in the snow. We get around pretty well, but I've never had 4-wheel drive. We'll have to drag main when I come up in March. You may be starting a trend at work when everyone realizes how handy a van can be. Someday I will join your laziness and have power doors too. Oh, the convenience!

Rachel said...

I love your van!!! It is so awesome!! Someday I will probably join you!!! I still love what I said to Ashtyn! I am still waiting on the announcment. Next time I do it you can too!! I am all about the laziness, to bad there isn't a car fairy to buckle the kids in too!

The Francis Family said...

Love the van. Welcome to the club. Think of the cars we drive verses what our parents drove when we were kids. My Mom & Dad's Plymouth Voyager didn't have quite the amount of "needed" features my van has. I'd love to join you and Kliss to drag down main street (cause I'd whip you two).