Monday, October 13, 2008

Part-Time=More-Time?

So going part-time at work was supposed to create more time for me and the kids. I have found it completely opposite. I have been more busy the last few months than ever before. First of all, work hasn't been part-time. Every person they hired to replace me in the office has been fired or quit. This has created an interesting scenario with trying to work part-time with full time duties from home. uhg! I have also taken on a lot more projects thinking they wouldn't be too big of a deal. Here are my latest projects. I am happy they are all over with and I guess I shouldn't complain that I have found time to accomplish them. This is a mini-enrichment activity I took on. We made 10 FHE lessons to put in a binder. The project seemed easy at first but turned into a lot more work than expected. Oh well, there was a good turn out and it came together in the end. This is a blanket I made Scott. He has been using the same one for 15 years now and it is starting to fall apart. We didn't tie this one but just sewed through it. I am still not sure if it is any easier to sew vs tie the quilt. Not planning on doing any comparisons any time soon. I made salsa over the weekend with my Mom and sister. It was a first for all of us but it turned out super yummy and I am happy we did it. Now I have good canned salsa at my fingertips anytime I need it. Yum Yum

4 comments:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Sounds like you are a very busy bee! It is funny how you take on a few things and they become much bigger than you anticipate.
Your salsa looks yummy! :)

Melyssa said...

I am sorry about work. :( If you ever need your kids to come over and play for awhile so you can get things done, let me know. My girls would be thrilled to have playmates. :)

Rachel said...

I am sorry you have been so busy it does seem like the more you are home the busier your really are. Today I have only yelled at Isaac twice but it still is only 12:30!