Friday, November 14, 2008

3 Year Old Dilemas

Brigham came to me today with a big dilema. "I can't draw" he says with a very defeated tone. So I proceed to tell him I would teach him how to draw. His picture of choice was a person with a backpack on so I showed him how if you use shapes and lines and put them together it will create a person. He makes an attempt (see the scribbles)comes back, not too happy once again. We go over the concept again. This time we draw Briggy with his underwear on since that is all I see anymore (I can't keep clothes on the kid). He does not like that I drew the undies but oh well. A few hours pass and Briggy finally gets a picture he is proud of. (I did help him a little but it didn't seem to phase him) He drew the shoe laces all by himself. Good Job Briggy!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

He is so cute. I love that he is drawing or better yet even wants to draw. Isaac has no desire. We should get our underwear boys together they can run around in their undies together. Oh and I hope you have a blast at Celine. I am a tiny bit jelouse;)

The Jacobsons said...

I am impressed with your suggestions. Mine are just stick figures, no cool backpacks (or even underwear!) PS Tyson was so excited for the Melman toy, you are good- Thank you!!!!!!!!