Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Valentine Gift

The kids were so generous this year and turned on the outside water spicket (we have no idea when) and filled our basement with water. Advanced Cleaning and Restoration sucked about 80 gallons of water out of the guest room where the damage was done. It was in the room next to the laundry room and luckily there is a drain in the room which a lot of water drained into thankfully. Scott had heard the water running but thought I was doing laundry. I knew I wasn't doing any laundry so I questioned him on what the noise was and we started investigating. I ran downstairs in sock fee and walked in the room and knew we had a problem when my socks were instantly soaked. Ugh! What a mess. We cleared out the room and were thinking we would just shop vac it out but realized we were in over our heads. Scott vacuumed the window well out which was full of water. We called Advanced Cleaning and they came to the rescue. Thank heavens we did because they have way better tools than we had. The one wall under the window has water damage and they have special equipment that blows through the wall (the hoses drilled at the bottom are blowing air inside the wall). It saved us from having to cut out and re sheet rock. The blowers will be running for about three days to get it all dry. I guess it is a nice opportunity to clean out the room and repaint so that Brigham can move in. Thanks for the nice Valentines gift kids it will be one I will always remember.

4 comments:

Lorna said...

Oh Lacey.....hope your week gets better:)

Melissa said...

I am so sorry! I hope that nothing else is damaged? Is your carpet going to be okay?

taggdarci said...

I can't believe that...80 gallons!! Whoa! Your kids were really wanting to make a big impression this Valentine's Day, huh? Hope nothing else was damaged too bad. And hopefully ya had a better night. :o)

Kliss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.