Tuesday, October 27, 2009

{Macy 7 weeks}

Macy is growing so fast! She is starting to smile and coo but you usually only get these right when she wakes up from a nap. She has officially grown out of her newborn clothes. She loves to listen to you talk and stares intently at you while you do. She is patient with her siblings as there is always a lot of noise. She has had a few run ins with the big brother but only lets out an angry cry when he touches her wrong. When he comes around her now you can tell she gets a little nervous but she still trusts him enough not to scream and cry when he gets close. I am sure the time will come. She is finally on a schedule for the most part. She goes to sleep around 9 wakes up around 12:30 for a feeding back to sleep and then up again around 6:30 to eat again. Some night she is up every three hours but lately she is starting to sleep longer. Thank heavens! During the day she eats every 2.5 to 3 hours, hangs out for about an hour and plays either listening to Mom talk and play with her or just kickin' it on the floor or in her bouncy seat. When she gets fussy I rock her for a few minutes and she sleep for the next hour or so until we start the process all over again. I have tried just laying her down for her naps and she throws a big fit. I have tried letting her cry it out but after 20 minutes I feel guilty and she is so ticked at me she doesn't even settle down for several minutes even while I am holding and loving her. She usually stops crying the second I pick her up in normal circumstances. Since she is my last baby I am going to snuggle and rock her to sleep. I don't care what any of the books say! I have yet to capture a good smile picture. This is the best I have captured so far and the little stinker turned her head at the last minute. At least you can kind of see it. Here she is hanging with Daddy. When Macy sleeps she burrows her head in my armpit (lovely I know) or she covers her head with her hand (see below) She gets that from her Dad. She also loves to sleep on her stomach. (Yes, I know "back to sleep" is the rule) I just love to see her little body all scrunched up. Aren't her little pants the cutest!?!

2 comments:

Melyssa said...

I can't believe she is already seven weeks old! That went by fast. She is such a little sweetie. And I agree with you - I don't go by any of those baby sleep books. They are only babies for a little while. Snuggle them while you can. :)

Amanda, Enoch, Ashlyn and Conrad said...

I never liked the cry it out method! I don't want my baby to feel alone! If she is just being a stinker I might let her let it out for a bit and she ususally gets quiet but the sleep method that works for me is the 5 S's
Swaddle
Shoosh
Swing
Side/stomach
and i can't remember the other one haha but swaddling her at night works miracles and so does shhhing really loud by her head.