Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Decor

All I can say is Bah Hum Bug. I really want to get into the Christmas spirit, but it just isn't in me this year. I have had no desire to decorate but since we have kids I really have had no choice. We finally drug out our decor and it just made me grumpier. I am tired of the same old stuff we have had for ten years now. On top of that I had no control over how the ornaments were going on the tree as I had to sit there and nurse the baby while this was all taking place. I tried to stay positive (and calm) and not ruin it for the kids who were having a great time finding their ornaments from years past and sticking them really close to each other on the tree near other items of the exact same color (remember I am staying calm). I mentioned to Scott that our decor was old school and too cutesy and that I would rather have a "pretty" tree this year and decorate our big ledge with garland instead of a bunch of random stuff. I had to leave them to decorating as I had to fulfil my Relief Society board calling and head to the church to decorate for our Christmas Dinner we are having tonight. This is what I came home to. I HAVE THE BEST HUSBAND EVER! He didn't dare take anything out of it's packaging or re-decorate the tree for fear that I wouldn't like what he had picked. He gets some major bonus points for having the guts to pick out tree decorations. I like what he chose, he did good. I love you Scott, thanks for being so thoughtful!

5 comments:

Kliss said...

I am not feeling the decorating vibe and I want all new stuff too. So bah humbug for both of us. Scott is definitely on Santa's nice list. What a good guy.

Unknown said...

Oh my heck...he gets husband of the year award! Not only did he take it upon himself to surprise you with new stuff, he actually went out and got it for you! Even the garland, which says he was really listening to you and what you wanted! I LOVE what he picked out too! Three cheers for Scott! Can he take my hubby shopping...we haven't even pulled out the tree yet! :)

Melyssa said...

What a sweetheart! It is going to look SO great! :)

Melissa said...

What a nice hubby. Post the pics when you are done!

Rachel said...

Scotty is so sweet! I love it. I am not into decorating either I don't know what it is. I have no wreath on my door, only my poor tree in the corner which my kids decorated and I was trying to stay calm also! And that is all we have going for our decor! Oh well it will come down in a few weeks anyway right! P.S. love the colors scott went with! So pretty!