Thursday, January 28, 2010

A time for change


Around Christmas Brigham kindly brought me a gift that he had wrapped in a piece of curtain he had cut.  I had been wanting to get new curtains and redecorate so he provided me with the perfect excuse to actually take the plunge and do it.  We have been in our house for four years and it was time for a change.  Here is the final product.  The walls are a lot brighter than the tan color they used to be (same color as the ceiling).  It took some getting used to but we like the walls now.

These pillows are the inspiration behind the room.  I found them on sale for $6.00 each at Home Depot of all places.  I have always wanted a nice temple picture to display in my home.  Scott and I finally took the plunge and purchased this one.  I love, love, love it.  We got 25% off  so it was a steel of a deal.  We went with The Salt Lake Temple since the Rexburg ones framed just the same were hundreds of dollars more for some reason.  You can't go wrong with SLC though. I sit and stare at this all the time.  It brings me joy.  A close up of the curtains. I have decided curtains are hard.  Hard to match with decor, hard to purchase due to their cost, and hard to decide on a style.  Poor Scott was drug into it and I asked him countless questions, made him hold things far away, against the pillows, put them up, take them down, take them back etc.  He was very patient with me.


With the layout of my house, I had to change my kitchen and dining curtains as well to tie it all in.  (don't look too close at all the clutter).  And there you have it.  Come on over and enjoy it with me for awhile if you would like.

3 comments:

Kliss said...

Very nice. I noticed the new color a few posts back, you have been busy. It's time for a change here too. I just am to lazy to figure it out.

Melissa said...

I can't believe you found those pillows at Home Depot! I love them! I love the colors! Nice job!

taggdarci said...

It's so inviting! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Everything flows and seems so peaceful. Beautiful!!