Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Annual Burton Christmas Eve Dance

Oh the memories this brings back. We attened the 103rd annual Burton Christmas Even Dance and danced around the Christmas tree...well sort of, the kids we too scared to get out and dance so we did this instead. The boys (Brigham and Brock) enjoyed sitting on the heater rather than dancing around in the gym. The one time we allow them to run and have fun, they don't take us up on the offer. Haylee sat contently against the wall with Grandma and Grandpa not breaking out any moves the entire time. Branson, Brock & Ashtyn did walk around a few times. Look how happy Ashtyn looks to be here. I remember having a very good time at these things. I guess there are funner things now days to keep kids entertained so this was pretty lame. I had a fun time coming back and seeing everyone and all the new kids. I think I will drag them back next year too.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that Ashtyn looks SO SO thrilled. She is such a funny girl. I remember ward Christmas parties some of the highlights of my childhood still. Getting bags of candy and nuts from Santa. I wish they still did that. Back them they didn't worry about allergies to much! Oh the good times. 80's gotta love'em!

Kliss said...

Oh, I remember the dance! I always looked forward to it. Did Santa bring his bag full of grandpa candy? I think you went wrong by not putting your girls in twirly dresses. You can't sit still if you dress will twirl! I am shocked that Brigham wouldn't join in. Maybe the music was bad. Thanks for this post, it brings back lots of good memories of dancing around the Christmas tree.