Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Crafts or Bust!

I don't know what it is lately, but the kids have wanted me to do sewing and other crafty activities a lot with them. I am guessing it is because they are cooped up in side, but at any rate I always think I am going to be fun and all is going to go well. Each time we do it, I want to pull out my hair. Why do I do this to myself? Maybe because the alternative is to listen to them wine about wanting to do it. Ashtyn and Haylee sewed their very own stockings......or did Mom really get to sew them both and thread the needls 20 times before they were done?Here we are attempting to make home made snow globes from baby food jars. I could not find my glue gun so we resorted to glue dots which do not hold well under water. Eventually our penquins and trees were floating in the jars instead of being snowed on. Notice Brigham's green tummy. He leaned across the table to get something. We had bathtime after this project! Foam Gingerbread houses seemed much better than doing the real thing. They should just come right together and you wouldn't have to mess with sticky frosting and too much candy....if you ever attempt these, make sure you have all the supplies. Sticky dots are the only way to go. We figured this halfway through the project as I was desparate to find a way to keep the items stuck to the house. I finally found those darn sticky dots that I knew I had I just couldn't locate them for awhile. Awwwwww! They did turn out cute however and the kids were pleased with them.

2 comments:

Kliss said...

You are a fun mom to do all those craft projects. I always end up finishing them myself because the kids get bored. We did do a gingerbread house and it went surprisingly well. We have plans to make a snowman from marshmallows and various candy items. (If I can ever get to the store and get the supplies). I may not show this to my kids though because they will know for sure that I am lame.

Rachel said...

I love all your crafts. Where did you get the snow glob idea I love it and I am sure Isaac would too. You are such a great mom! I think the same thing about starting a project with Isaac and then I am always wondering what the heck I was thinking after I started. When the screaming starts because he wants something etc. and he is yelling at me to "LET GO" as I am saying the same thing to him. Can you believe he is goint to turn 2 on Weds. So SO crazy!!!