Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weekend of Shopping

This past weekend I was lucky enough to head to Utah with some friends, Katie Phillips and Melissa Thomson. We went down specifically to shop without kids. Our wonderful husbands braved being at home with them Friday night and Saturday day so that we could make our great escape. We left around 6 on Friday evening and spent the night at Melissa's in-laws house. Cathy was such a great host and we had so much fun staying up late and talking. It has been awhile since I have been up until 2 a.m. chit chatting with a friend. It was like a true slumber party. The next morning we hit Ikea and spent half the day there and then hit Tai Pan Trading. I am so excited about my new decor, I have posted pics below of some of my favorite finds. Katie and Melissa found some great things too. I can't wait to see how everything turned out in their houses. We were so excited about our shopping experience that we even had a guy stop us in Tai Pan and comment on "how cute" we looked together walking around with our carts and stopping to talk about everything we were seeing. We were slightly imberassed after that. It is a pity we don't get out enough to not look like it is Christmas morning when we finally get to shop. Oh well. We had a blast. Thank you husbands for letting us desert you for some much needed girl time. This is a wall in my bedroom after I put the black vinyl flowers on it. $19.99 at Ikea, I absolutely love them! The previous sticks I had in my bucket were being broken slowly each day and were starting to look pretty sad. Although I had to carry these sticks for several hours through Ikea, they were worth the hassle and look much nicer in that space. I should have taken a before shot but I guess you just get to imagine them instead. This is a wall in the basement. I think I am going to buy one more sticker set to extend the branches more but eventually I will hang picture frames over it so the tree will be the background on the wall. It will be really cool when it is done.

7 comments:

Amanda, Enoch, Ashlyn and Conrad said...

Super cute! Want to come decorate our barren house? hehe

Rachel said...

You are one lucky little lady! I wish I could do that! I don't think Jeremy would ever let me. Wishful thinking maybe when are kids are grown and gone! Scott you are an AWESOME daddy! And you can come and decorate my house any time. My art and decor are still not up and now my foot is really holding my back!

Melissa said...

It turned out sooo cute! I am so excited! I haven't really been able to hang anything up yet, so I am just looking at everything sitting up against the wall. I just need to figure out how I want to put it all together.
We had a blast and have to do this again soon!

Melyssa said...

That looks so great! I am so jealous of how cute your house always looks. You need to come and decorate mine! :)

The Jacobsons said...

Hey it's Mary Jacobson, I saw your blog on Melissa's, your house is so cute, great finds from IKEA, such a fun place!

taggdarci said...

So cute!! You are so crafty, you need to come help me decorate! I'm so glad that you had a fun weekend! Only a month and a half till Celine Dion - I can't wait!

katie said...

Love it Love it, It reminds me of a place in my house... That weekend was a blast and we all got some cute decorations. We should plan to do it again soon!