Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cruisin'

This past week Scott and I went on a cruise for our 10th Anniversary. Our 10th isn't until September, but since we will have a newborn then we decided this was our last chance to go. On Tuesday evening we made a treachorous trip to Salt Lake in white out snow conditions. It was very scary at times but we made it safely. Wednesday we made the long journey to Miami, Florida where the port was. We made it to Miami at midnight and stayed in a crappy Holiday Inn. When we got there we walked to our room and their was music blaring from inside. We didn't dare go in so Scott ran back to the front desk and the assured us that the room was just checked. We bravely went inside and looked behind all the curtains etc. We discovered that the bathroom hadn't been cleaned and there was a bar of used soap on the counter. Needless to say I wasn't very happy so they ended up upgrading our room and giving us free breakfast the next morning. The rest of the trip was great. We cruised on the Carnival Destiny ship which was amazing. It was full of entertainment like jugglers, jokesters, shows, bingo, golf, swimming etc. so we were never bored. We stopped in Key West and shopped for a day and then we stopped in Cozumel, Mexico where we went to a private beach. I laid in the sun while Scott went snorkeling. I couldn't go with him because I had just got stitches from a skin biopsy so the Dr. didn't let me go in the Ocean...bummer. We had a great time there and also did some shopping. Here is a view leaving the Miami port. Miami is absolutely gorgeous! This was one of the cute towel creations they would leave on our bed every night. They would clean the room twice a day for us. The service was amazing! Here is Scott and I enjoying a show they put on in a huge theater they had. We were never disappointed although Scott did have a hard time sitting through a show that was like broadway or Vegas style dancing through out. Here is Scott at the beach. I will spare you photos of me. Remember that I am almost five months pregnant and not looking too hot in my opinion. Here is a picture of our ship. It was the biggest one out there that we saw. I believe there were over 3000 guests on the ship. It had nine different levels, I am still amazed at what they put on those ships. I recommend cruises to anyone who thinks they would like one...next time I won't go clear to Florida to a port but other than that it was a great trip! Thanks Scotty for taking me. Happy Anniversary, I love you!

4 comments:

taggdarci said...

Ahh, Happy Anniversary! I bet you were so excited to get out of this crappy weather. Thanks for bringing some sun back with you! Sounds like you guys had a blast!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time. Travis wants to go on a cruise so bad. Congrats 10 years i can't believe we are getting so old.

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

I am sure you look great you always do not matter if you are pregnant or not. How fun for you to have a nice little vacation sans kids I hope if was refreashing espeacially before you have a new babe! Hopefully Scottie Poo has gotten over his hard feelings for me spilling the beans almost 10 years ago! :)