Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Oh boy!.....It's a GIRL

We found out yesterday that we are having another girl. Brigham was very disappointed and stopped watching the ultrasound, went to his own chair and sat there and sulked for a minute. Another nurse walked in and asked him what he was getting and he said in a very grumpy voice with a very sad face "it's a girl". I wish I had brought my video camera to get his reaction because it was pretty funny. He started to lighten up when I explained to him that he could help me dress her pretty and pick out hair bows for her. Things are looking up now and he has grown more used to the idea of having another girl to deal with. At least this time he gets to be the older brother. We are really excited to welcome another little lady into our home. Just for my own memory: *Wasn't sick until weeks 11-14. Now feeling better but still get sick a few times a week * Dropped 15 pounds in those 3 weeks of being sick. Haven't gained any back yet but I am sure it will come. * Started showing at 3 1/2 to 4 months. I usually don't show until 5-6. I look like I should be 7 month pregnant now. (I am still debating on posting a belly pic) * Got a horrible rash all over my stomach when I was 4 weeks along. I still have it despite $1200 in dermatologist visits. They have been unable to tell me what it is. They sent 3 biopsy's to Stanford Medical and no one can figure it out. Lovely Here are some photos of the rash. It is a little better from some cream they got me but it still hasn't cleared up. I am nearly insane with all the itching. Just 5 more months of it to endure. Ugh! * I am still wearing regular pants and most of my regular tops. I have incorporated a few maternity tops but feel too frumpy when wearing them still. * I have been feeling her wiggle around for the last month or so. Can't wait to start feeling the full out kicks so I can share that with the kids. * My main craving has been Mexican food. I could eat it every day. I can't stand Mayo anymore and didn't realize this until I tried to eat a Subway sandwich. I have also craved a lot of icecream and Koolaid. * I will remember that this IS the last one. I don't enjoy being pregnant and tend to forget this after a few years. FYI-when I type out this post it is all spaced nicely but for some reason when I post it just groups it all together. I don't know what my problem is but it is annoying. If you know what I am doing wrong please tell me.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats Lacey!! I am so excited for you! You have such a cute little family. I also craved Mexican food in my last pregnancy. Sorry about your rash. I hope they can figure out what it is.

Travis and Melissa said...

Congratulations. I hate being pregnant too. Luckily the little ones are worth it. It is a good thing you have connections on the Mexican food thing. Hope your rash gets better it looks painful.

taggdarci said...

Yay for cute little girls! I craved Mexican food and ice with Londyn. Wow! I can't believe your rash! I hope they can figure it out and that you'll stop itching. That's gotta drive ya crazy. Hopefully it will go away too, pregancy does weird things to us, huh?

Melyssa said...

Congratulations on another girl! :) That is so funny that Brigham reacted the way he did - so cute! I am sorry about your rash, I had one when I was pregnant with Avery that they couldn't figure out either. It drove me nuts! I hope they figure it out for you! It's pretty great that you are craving Mexican food - I am sure that is pretty easy for you to aquire. :)

Rachel said...

You and your rashes make me sad for you. I remember your rash with Haylee right? All of your pregnancy's are now blurring together for me. I am happy it's a girl too!!!

Ariann said...

Oh Lacey, I didn't know that your rash was that bad, I am so sorry! That looks itchy, no one needs that on top of being pregnant.