Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thank You Stimulus $

We decided we were going to use our stimulus money to go toward food storage. Today we spent 3 hours at the cannery canning flour, oats, spaghetti, milk etc etc. This wall of storage is a year's supply for one adult plus a 3 month supply for 5 people. We are heading back in July (the next available date to dry pack) to do another years supply. Hopefully we can pack 5, one year supplies in our little storage room so we can say we are officially done with our food storage. This is a good start. We are grateful for the extra cash flow so we could finally get going on more food storage. What did you decide to spend your stimulus money on?

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I wish I was as smart as you! I need a storage room first. I do have a 3 month supply for my little fam of 4 though. So I guess that is a good start!

Kliss said...

Wow! I am impressed. We did get a small start on our food storage, nothing like you though. And so organized too.. good work!

taggdarci said...

Thank you so much for the great idea on how to spend our stimulus check! We have been getting things here and there, but nothing to the extent of yours. I told Tagg that we should do the same thing with the stimulus check, and we're both ready to start making some room. Thanks again!!

Amanda, Enoch, Ashlyn and Conrad said...

We still haven't seen ours yet but that has to be the best way to spend your check