Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Brigham's take on the Nursery

We are in the process of painting stripes on the walls of the nursery. This used to be Brighams room and the stripes were green and blue so we are covering the old stripes with colors from the crib bedding. Since this is a process, we had paint out in the room but the door was locked. Sunday afteroon Scott and I laid down for a nap but it was literally ten minutes before we decided we weren't all that tired and decided to head to his Dad's. I wanted to check on how the stripes were drying (the pink is taking forever--we had painted Saturday afternoon and it still wasn't dry 24 hours later)I walked in the room talking to Scott and touching the walls. I didn't even notice the new artwork. Scott just sat there stunned that I hadn't said anything and waited patiently for me to figure it out. I have to admit my reaction is not what I would have thought. I wanted to laugh and had a hard time keeping a straight face while lecturing Brigham on what he had just done. I don't know why it didn't bug me. What a pain it is now going to be to pull out my tan paint and touch up but whatever. He got his inner Van Gogh out and now I get to go shopping for some new church pants. I will post a picture once the stripes are painted and the nursery is more complete.

No comments: