Sunday, June 28, 2009

Utah Trip

This weekend I decided to take the kids to Utah to visit the cousins. Kliss has been saying that we needed to come down and go to Hogle Zoo with her before June 2009because that is when her passes expired. Michelle and I waited until the last possible weekend we could go and finally took her up on it. Scott had to work but my little brother Logan offered to ride down with me so he could help me with the kids. It was so nice to have him there to meet all the kids demands while I was driving. Thanks Logan! Here are all our kids by the gorilla exhibit. We have kids with ages 10,9,8,7,6,5 & 3 so they each had a buddy and it works out perfectly. Can't plan that much better for grandkids! Notice Ben's broken arm. He broke it the day before we came down. He did really good and it didn't seem to hinder his ability to play. It is really hard to get 8 kids to stand still for a picture and to find a place where there aren't 50 other people standing around. On our way home today we stopped at Temple Square and took a tour of the Conference Center. The last time I went was when it was first built so it was fun to go back and be reminded of how cool the building really is. This is a fountain that is inside at the begining of the tour when the kids were inclined to listen and sit still for a second. Here I am with my little family on top of the Conference Center overlooking the Salt Lake Temple. It was super hot up there on a 90 Utah day but it is really a pretty view. Here is Zack and Haylee saying their goodbyes. We hardly heard from them all weekend they were so good to play together and get along so well. We are going to miss the Francis family for the next few weeks until they come up for some camping!

No comments: