Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Nursery

We have finally finished the nursery. It has been an ongoing project for several months now mostly because I couldn't decide what I wanted to do for sure and/or couldn't find what I was looking for to pull of the look I wanted. I am happy with the results and can't wait to actually use it. Yes, we have decided on the name Macy. There is no turning back now that it is on her wall. I don't know why this photo is so dark, but it is of the curtains. I couldn't find anything to match and ended up converting a blanket that matched the bedding. I am pleased with how it turned out. I painted these flowers on thin canvas boards. I just copies the designs from the crib sheets. Ashtyn is so proud that I did these myself and introduces the room as all being "made by hand" This is just the changing table and another wall of the room. I will do something besides shoes on the shelf eventually but haven't made it that far. Last but not least, the crib. I love the bedding which inspired the stripes on the wall and the flower paintings. The room is so cheerful. Hopefully I will have a happy baby to go in it.

5 comments:

Melyssa said...

Super cute! I LOVE the bedding - and all the little things to did to match are darling. :)

Melissa said...

I love, love, love it! You are so creative! I want to come see in person.

Amanda, Enoch, Ashlyn and Conrad said...

How cute is that room! I love that bedding!

Rachel said...

You are so creative and I love her name!

Kassie Crapo said...

Cute room! I love it. It's getting me excited for a girl to come. Sorry I couldn't make it to your shower...hopefully I will see you at Manda's and I can give you your gift. Talk to you soon.